To the Cacher in Corpus Christi

I got back from the coast on the 14th... wait for it......looking around.... CRAP! WHERE'S MY I.D.????? there were at least 12 places in the 355 miles on the road trip it could have been! I thought for sure it was in "Peggy Texas" and Peggy herself would steal my identity.... I tear the Xterra apart only to fail....

Cut to this afternoon.....A letter comes in the mail with no name on the return address, just a Corpus address... I open it to find my I.D. and a geocoin! no note, no name, no username or email address, nothing!

Apparently digging through my pocket for a pen, I dropped my I.D. at one of the caches I did down there.... no one has logged a find since I found them though.....

I wrote a letter thanking this mystery cacher and sent it off today, so we'll see!

Its amazing that someone would go to the trouble to even send my I.D. back to me, let alone an unactivated geocoin to let me know they were a fellow cacher!!

So thank you.....whoever you are!!! you saved me a DREADFUL 6 hours at the DPS!!!

I got back from the coast on the 14th... wait for it......looking around.... CRAP! WHERE'S MY I.D.????? there were at least 12 places in the 355 miles on the road trip it could have been! I thought for sure it was in "Peggy Texas" and Peggy herself would steal my identity.... I tear the Xterra apart only to fail....

Cut to this afternoon.....A letter comes in the mail with no name on the return address, just a Corpus address... I open it to find my I.D. and a geocoin! no note, no name, no username or email address, nothing!

Apparently digging through my pocket for a pen, I dropped my I.D. at one of the caches I did down there.... no one has logged a find since I found them though.....

I wrote a letter thanking this mystery cacher and sent it off today, so we'll see!

Its amazing that someone would go to the trouble to even send my I.D. back to me, let alone an unactivated geocoin to let me know they were a fellow cacher!!

So thank you.....whoever you are!!! you saved me a DREADFUL 6 hours at the DPS!!!

Hmmmm, Corpus is a very small cachin' community. Lots of caches, by just a few hiders and generally well maintained. Try emailing the owners of the caches you hit. You could hit 100 caches down there and only get 6 or 7 different hiders. Chances are it was an owner checking their cache or a friend's cache.

Hmmmm, Corpus is a very small cachin' community. Lots of caches, by just a few hiders and generally well maintained. Try emailing the owners of the caches you hit. You could hit 100 caches down there and only get 6 or 7 different hiders. Chances are it was an owner checking their cache or a friend's cache.

that could be it....i'll find out soon enough! (hopefully)

Nothing cheezy about it. I often do things for strangers and only ask that they help a stranger in need some time down the road. I don't know if it will raise my standings in the universe, but it can't hurt.

Seems like you owe one to the cosmos. Change a flat for a little old lady. Next time you go shopping buy an extra couple of cans and drop 'em off at the local pantry. Mail a couple of bucks in an unmarked envelope to your favorite charity. Doesn't matter what just as long as you help if you can.

Nothing cheezy about it. I often do things for strangers and only ask that they help a stranger in need some time down the road. I don't know if it will raise my standings in the universe, but it can't hurt.

My feelings exactly!

I wanted to bump this one back to the top cause it's such a cool story!

So BUMP!