Getting permission. Geoaware, educate us!

Cav Scout

Whenever I place a EarthCache near a cache that is owned by someone other than myself, rest assured I am asked by Geoaware or Anny if I had asked permission to place my EC near the other cache owners little piece of territory. Fortunately the nearby cache owners have always said yes.

My question is, what kind of caches does this pertain to? Is it all types including EarthCaches? Can I place a EarthCache near another EarthCache and not ask for permission from the other earthCache owner?

Are the rules for all to follow?

Geoaware, you are the subject expert here, let us all know what your regulations are on this. There is nothing mentioned in your guidelines. Only you can answer this...

I need this information for my EarthCache event in October.

Edited by Cav Scout

From what I can tell, you would have to ask permission of any type of cache owner, I have all ways been asked by Geoaware if I have asked permission of a nearby cache owner if closer then the Cache guidelines say for a cache. So you are not the sole person asked. It already seems to be a standard rule. I see no benefit in pushing things , when Earthcaches now all ready can be placed inside of the 528 foot rule. I myself would be a bit pissed as a Traditional cache owner, If you came and placed a cache inside of the 528 foot rule, which is now no mans land for any other cache, with out asking me if you could enter my virtual claim on that space.

As for rules, I think that one should be added, That all EarthCache developers should be required to upload a picture of them selves at the cache location with GPS in hand.

But then again what do I know! I'm just a cacher.

I agree with this. I been asked this question several times when placing a EC and I always have a picture on file or post my own picture on the EC I create.

As for rules, I think that one should be added, That all EarthCache developers should be required to upload a picture of them selves at the cache location with GPS in hand.

But then again what do I know! I'm just a cacher.