Garmin 60CSX and Found Geocache Question

ncarvajal

Hi All,

We are complete Newbies to the whole geocaching thing and yesterday we went and found our first cache which we found thorougly entertaining. However, in the whole excitement of things (and admittedly because we did not read the manual fully) we did not mark the cache as found on our GPS whilst at the location which is very far from where we live.

My question to you is, do we have to mark a cache as found only whilst physically present at the location or can we mark it as found from anywhere later?

We are worried that if we mark it as found from a different location (ie. home) it will register our home coordinates and thus incorrectly register the find? Does this happen or is it OK simply to log the find after? If not, I guess if ever back at location we will have to remember to click found then.

All help appreciated! :lol:

Thanks,

Nic & Alina

Marking as found is for your information only. Some people prefer to delete the waypoint once it has been found.

I mark it as found because it creates a calendar entry, so if I find a bunch of caches in a day when I go to log my find online all I need to do is look at the calendar for that day for a list of finds.

Once I've made my online log entry I delete all my found waypoints.