Appropriate travel bug?

ssgeo83

Like he said, that guideline really only applies to caches themselves, not travelers. I mean, there are Garmin geocoins, Jeep TBs... if that's not commercial I don't know what is!

There's also a few KU Jayhawk coins floating around (and probably other similar ones in other parts of the country), so your mascot should be fine. Although, if you have a hard-core rival team out there... well... they might be less than pleased to find it.

I seriously doubt that anyone would place a college keychain on the same level as political/religious/etc. material, and anyway, as the above posters said, the rules are a little looser with TBs as they do not have to be approved by anyone representing Groundspeak. Go ahead and do it if you're willing to part with it.

Edited by MountainRacer

I have a University of Maryland terrapin TB - "Fear the Turtle" (TB1F2D4). I sent it on a "good will" mission to meet other mascots. I reminded everyone that it is a "GOOD will" tour and that that pictures of my terrapin in compromising positions or being beaten up by another mascot would not go over very well. So far he is happily spreading good will.