eTrex H & Computer linking

Stripes

I purchased the eTrex thinking it would be a good handheld for geocaching. Now, with further investigation, I am not so sure. We have a nuvi200 for the car and I can link my nuvi to my computer using my camera cable and load geocaches in it easily. Well, with investigating how to do the same, it looks like I will need the cable for the eTrex along with an adaptor so I can link it to my computer. My computer does not have a serial port. So, it looks like to get both, I would be spending about another $100. Am is figuring this right? If I am, I think I will be returning the eTrex and looking for other options.

The USB-Serial converters cost $20-40; Google it.

However, for that much, you can get a Venture HC and not only have USB connectivity, but a color screen and 24mb of memory for storing maps. It also supports customized POIs (the Garmin webpage says it does not, but software v. 2.5 added that feature.) What will customized POIs do for you? About 10K waypoints take up about 3mb of memory and each waypoint can hold 44 characters in the title and 88 in the comments/hint section.

Thanks. That was the information I was finding online too. So, I think I shall return the eTrexH and get the Venture HC. Looks like I would spending the same or less, have only one connecting cord and a unit with more on it. I was trying to avoid spending this much, but looks like that would be very frustrating for me to use so the extra $$ would be worth it.