pocket query

spolik

how long does it take to get the zip file sent to my email?

id like to drop it in gsak with all 500 finds. but im not getting the emails???

I have the same problem. I tried with three different email-adresses, but I never never get the emails with the zip-files!

WHat is wrong?

There has been a recent problem with the site with the MyFinds Pocket Query. There is a thread in the web site forum about this. When it works correctly, clicking the My Finds button will send a request to the server then render the pocket query page again with the "My Finds" button greyed out and can't be selected again for a week. I've typically received the results with 10-15 seconds in my gmail account. The behavior that many are seeing is that clicking on the "My Finds" button just renders the page over and the button can be clicked again and again. I tried it several times then read the thread about the problem in the web site forum. I ended up getting a copy of the zipfile the next morning.

I haven't had a problem with any of the other pocket queries I receive.

it so much nicer to have the query on the gps , lots a (DING) letting me now there's one ahead, or 6 or 7 lol.

how do you get you GPS to do that? Maybe I need to get a better GPS unit!!!

Greetings,

If you are asking how to get the GPS to show the geocache icon and a 'ding' when a cache is near you will need a couple of things. There may be other ways available this requires a Garmin Nuvi GPS.

You will need:

Garmin Nuvi GPS with SD card.

GSAK application for PC

GPX files from GC.com Pocket Queries

---

- Download your Pocket Query and unzip (I have mine setup to not include found caches).

- Load GPX files into GSAK. It will create a configuable database that you can filter to your specs.

- Run an add on micro in GSAK called garmin_nuvi_exportgpx. This will put all the needed files in a directory your Garmin can use to upload.

- The micro kicks off the Garmin Import application when it finishes. Simply finish the import.

You will find on the Garmin Extras area a POI section. In there is where the GPX files of all the caches are. Any of the caches you select will not only have the coords but most of the cache information found on GC.com.

The bonus is when you are within .5 miles of a cache your GPS will automatically 'ding' and an icon will show on the map. I find it to be a very handy tool that takes seconds to load into your GPS once everything is setup.

Hope this helps,

-HHH :laughing:

thats about right. i have a garmin nuvi 250. with microsd card that i don't have so i load custom poi directly to the gps. i believe there is an option when loading the macros that ask will you be using the alert feature in poiloader, choose YES.

to get the emails i had to check the day of the week i wanted to generate the query, i did it yesterday (wed)

so i choose wednesday and i also choose to only create once and delete. once i choose the date it came to me in about 10 mins.