lon/lat Conversion

bashnme

Hope this is the right place for this question. I am seeing a lot of caches lately that give a number and say to add it to the seconds, and I would like to know where I can find a set of conversions between the various notations since my math abilities are zip.

Disregard, I found what I was looking for.

Edited by bashnme

Hope this is the right place for this question. I am seeing a lot of caches lately that give a number and say to add it to the seconds, and I would like to know where I can find a set of conversions between the various notations since my math abilities are zip.

Disregard, I found what I was looking for.

Could you let us know what you found?

Coggins is right. Your unit can do all the format conversion you'll ever need. It can display (and allow you to enter) the coordinates in any one of several supported formats, including degrees and decimal minutes (as used on geocaching.com), degrees/minutes/seconds, decimal degrees, and UTM (also given on geocaching.com). Your unit can also convert among all of the popular datums, although I doubt that any cache would require you to do so.

Many thanks for the replies. cosports.com

Sporting in Colorado, has lots of various info. I was aware that my gpsr can do all this magic but lately there have been several multis x5 or 6 in my area and I found it easier to do all the various put tos and take aways siting at my puter desk.