OREGON - Compass Long/Lat question?

Location / Compass Question Oregon 300

Sorry -computer said post failed -apparently not!

When I am Geocaching and in Compass mode I have set 2 of the 4 optional screens at the top to show Location Selected (meaning Geocache I think) and Location (long/lat) which I think means where I actually am. Clearly I have this wrong because both always show the longitude and latitude of where I am and I have to keep going back to figure out what the actual longitude and latitude of the cache are. What am I doing wrong? Is this possible -my memory is terrible and I am trying to see where I need to go vs where I am in numbers all on one screen. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated :)))

Edited by Looney-Tunes

Location-Selected allows you to choose to display an alternative coordinate format such as UTM. I don't have a CO or OR in front of me, but on the 60CSx you select the alternative format from Setup>Units.

Amazing ! Thanks so much that certainly clears some of my dilemma up. Any suggestions on how to see geocache destination (long/lat) and actual current co-ords on one screen- compass or other?

Any suggestions on how to see geocache destination (long/lat) and actual current co-ords on one screen- compass or other?

I can think of no GPSr that shows the coords of where one is GOTO'ing anywhere other then on an edit screen for the particular waypoint in question. There just isn't a need for that information to be displayed as you are going to a location.

It's kind of like wanting a GPS to say, 'you are in Massachusetts right now'. Or 'the waypoint you are going to is in New Hampshire'. That information is available for the asking by using other methods.