Geocache Log

Don't know if anybody else on here has tried this program, I was looking for something to keep a track of the cahces I wanted to find and those that I had found. I already used GSAK to transfer the cache notes to my iPod but wanted something a little less complicated for tracking purposes. Did a quick search and came uop with this package that has so far proved to be easy to use but very effective at storing the info on what I wanted, even has a seperate log for TB's.

If anybody is interested have a look at Geocache Log

Just been playing with it a bit more and have just discovered that it works well with Memory Map and will export all of your 'Found' and 'Yet to Find' caches out to a Memory Map CSV file that will use the LordElph icons. Definitely making my life a lot easier now as I can plan well ahead for all the areas I am going to travel to. It would appear that it will also export the Cache info and logs into an iPod as well so will be trying that soon.

If anybody wants to know more message me and will tell you what I have found out as I play more.

Been playing some more and have found that if a cache has an extra waypoint for parking this also appears as a P sign. Has now saved me any future work in copy & pasting co-ords into Memory Map for each cache and parking spot. Gonna have so much more time to get out and enjoy. Best money (£12.99) I ever spent, take my advice folks go to the website and look and try for yourselves.

Still playing and exploring and now found that you can also include photos you take at cache sites, view all of your finds/to finds on Google Earth by exporting them all out to a Google Earth file, and there is even a basic web site building function. It ust gets better and better.

Will keep playing and tell more soon.

It's good to let us know about the software - it certainly seems to fit your bill of needs. The key things you've said about the application you can do in GSAK but I hear what you're saying about ease of use. And it's always good to have competition. In fact... the fact there is competition. Geocaching has made the big time!!