Garmin Oregon 400t Crashes when car charger plugged in

I just received my car charger from Garmin last week and promptly took it out to the jeep to try it out and CRASH the unit screen freezes and fades out as soon as I plugged it in.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm running FW ver2.20, I have a 2gb Micro SD card with City Navigator 2009 on it, and am running 2100mah NiMH batteries.

The car charger is a Garmin Oregon/Colorado DC adapter.

It happens every time I plug in, some times right away, other times after a few minutes of use... It's pretty annoying. I tried it with and without the SD card in and tried reducing the number/size of GPX files just to try and get the issue narrowed down... but no luck so far. :laughing:

Cheers,

Gadget

Edited by GadgetPhreak

I had the same problem with one of my first 400t's. I returned it for another one. If I were you I'd update the firmware to v2.60 first and see what happens. If you still have the same problem, return it. It was a known problem.

Edited by RonFisk

I had the same problem with one of my first 400t's. I returned it for another one. If I were you I'd update the firmware to v2.60 first and see what happens. If you still have the same problem, return it. It was a known problem.

The oregon doesn't have firmware 2.60. Topic title says they are having issues with the oregon not the colorado.

Try doing some searching on this topic, both here and across the internet. I read something, somewhere about it actually being the 12v adapter, not the GPS unit. I believe Garmin had modified the adapter and was exchanging these for little or no cost. Or just try calling Garmin and ask them....