a watched pot never boils..

stormchaserwv

I placed my first travel bug a couple weeks ago....and it hasn't moved out of the cache yet...so I went by grab it and move it to a different cache...

well it wasn't in there...hopefully someone was there today and just hasn't logged it yet....

it's pretty discourging when people take coins and tb's and don't log them for weeks...I had on of the military KIA coins on my watchlist...the person grabbed it back in late May....and they just dropped it a cache this week...

I guess maybe I shouldn't be so emotionally attached to my coins and bugs??? lol

Print out all the online logs for the cache from the date when you put your TB there, then go back with that and try to match it up with the entries in the logbook to see if you can determine the most likely person or people to have removed it without logging it. Then email them and politely explain your situation. Someone may have it and not even recall that it's in the bottom of their backpack. Or, someone may have taken it and dropped it off all in one day, but may have forgotten to record the tracking number and so it could be in another cache just waiting to be logged again.

Hmmm...I just noticed someone mentioned a letterbox nearby. Are you sure you actually placed your TB in the GEOCACHE and not in the LETTERBOX? They could literally be just a few feet from one another, and you may have confused the containers. If you inadvertantly put the TB in the letterbox, the next finder of that may have just taken it to keep or something. Or, maybe someone moved it from the cache TO the letterbox, not realizing that doing so would get the TB out of circulation.

Hmmm...I just noticed someone mentioned a letterbox nearby. Are you sure you actually placed your TB in the GEOCACHE and not in the LETTERBOX? They could literally be just a few feet from one another, and you may have confused the containers. If you inadvertantly put the TB in the letterbox, the next finder of that may have just taken it to keep or something. Or, maybe someone moved it from the cache TO the letterbox, not realizing that doing so would get the TB out of circulation.

No..I definately put it in Kaiserklan....my step daugther and I dropped bugs at the same time and hers is still in there...i did not check the log book to compare with the online log...I'll do that shortly...and thanks for the tip..I'll check the letterbox too...

that cache seems to get alot of people who are traveling(go figure..it's at a rest stop..lol) so sometimes it takes weeks for the person to log the grab. I have a coin that someone grabbed several weeks ago and they havent dropped it in a new cache yet...so...i've got my fingers crossed...

cheers!

will

Did you check the logbook? Someone might have picked it up the same day you went to check on it.

That only applies in the past, when people actually wrote things in logbooks, other than their geocaching name and the date. :laughing:

It's very possible your TB could never be heard from again. But just be patient, there's a much better chance that it will turn up somewhere.

Did you check the logbook? Someone might have picked it up the same day you went to check on it.

That only applies in the past, when people actually wrote things in logbooks, other than their geocaching name and the date. :laughing:

It's very possible your TB could never be heard from again. But just be patient, there's a much better chance that it will turn up somewhere.

I had a Diabetes TB that I thought was "gone" and it suddenly turned up months later. Some people forget or just can't bother for some reason with logging it......

quick update....

went back to the cache tonight and wrote down everyone that has signed the log since I placed the TB...

I have emailed everyone except for 1. The name in the book looks like 'walkingwoman1' but when I tried to find this person on the main website it said the user didn't exist...i'm going to try and do a search on parts of the name and see what comes up...

On the outside chance u know this person please let me know.

thanks

Unfortunately the things disappear at an alarming rate. Geoceoins even faster than TBs. One of my first TBs never got beyond the first cache I put it in. Yet I have others that have been circulating for years and have thousands of miles on them.

Sometimes they turn up much later. I had one that was missing for 2 years that suddenly resurfaced.

Hopefully yours will. Good luck!

The name walkingwoman1 could be a cacher's name, or a cacher who uses an alternate caching site, or a letterboxer, or a person's AT trail name...or just the name some innocent muggle made up on the spur of the moment after finding the cache (a nice muggle, who signed in and did not ransack the cache and contents!). Also, some people do not log finds online (heh...or they do log online but don't sign the logboook...but that's a whole other thread!), or sign in using one name but log online using another. Or that may have been her first find, and maybe she changed her username since then. You just never know! Well, anyway, good luck!