Freeway Lakes

I was metal detecting in Freeway Lakes in Albany OR at the second lake under the trees. Partially hidden under slabs of bark was what I thought was trash as I usually pick that up. The plastic bottle was smeared with lots of black paint and printed on it was Cocacne. I thought there was Cocaine inside so I checked and I found a cache paper with two plastic objects. I was thinking of calling the police as there might be illegal drugs inside. Yes, I did get a surprise. The cache will be returned to its location in Freeway Lakes soon, but this time covered up with bark slabs so it won't be mistaken for trash. So the next time anyone prints words on a cache, be careful so there won't be any reference to illegal drugs. The paper read "cache hidden by GlenMart." :rolleyes:

Yes, I evidently found GlenMart's cache while picking up trash at Freeway Lakes. The cache was exposed between oak trees at the second lake. It will be replaced very soon, I have been extremely busy volunteering with ODFW, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, board meetings, taking loads of kids on their fishing events, and camping. The cache will be returned to the same place but covered with bark slabs so it won't be mistaken as trash.

Ellen K. Compton

Yes, I evidently found GlenMart's cache while picking up trash at Freeway Lakes. The cache was exposed between oak trees at the second lake. It will be replaced very soon, I have been extremely busy volunteering with ODFW, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, board meetings, taking loads of kids on their fishing events, and camping. The cache will be returned to the same place but covered with bark slabs so it won't be mistaken as trash.

Ellen K. Compton

Thank You for coming here to alert us there to the situation. Picking up trash is a great thing, cachers do it as well under the format of CITO (Cache In Trash Out)

Next time you find one, log the find online and get a smiley! :laughing: