Brooklyn area

softball29

Hi all.

I'm debating a daytrip to Brooklyn this weekend. Alas, it's not really for a caching day, more of a photo day. I've wanted to shoot Brooklyn/Coney Island for a while, especially at night. I'm also planning on heading over to Times Square at night to do some night shooting.

All this caching has cut into my photography! I know the two can go hand-in-hand, but when I go out planning to shoot photos, I don't like to worry about doing other things. And at times, carrying my equipment to take photos when caching becomes tough.

That being said, if I am going to be in Brooklyn and the Times Square area and can grab a few quick caches to help with the county challenge and DeLorme, I wouldn't mind. So, I come to the Mid-Atlantic crew hoping people might be able to point me in the right direction to find a couple easy ones -- even virtual. In fact, I'd almost prefer them because the people I'll likely be going with aren't really cachers, so virtual ones wouldn't be too bad. I wouldn't mind a real one or two, either, only for the fact that I could drop a coin or two or a sig item somewhere in the travel.

Just looking for suggestions from anyone who knows the area. I'm going to be around the Brooklyn Bridge area and Coney Island and that area. (Mmmmm.... Nathan's Hot Dogs...). I believe we're parking somewhere and taking the train in (as long as it goes all night so we don't get stuck in the city after we're done -- I want some night shots!).

Thanks for any help!

There used to be a virt right near the bridge called Lesser Known Historical Sites IV but no longer. There are caches in the area most are by Fats277. This one is a good center. As for Coney Island, it isn't as visitor friendly as it used to be and if you go at night, try not to look too much like a tourist.

As for the city that never sleeps, the subway runs 24/7/365.

Brooklyn Bridge...

Frank Farrington's view is a great cache! Might take a bit of time, but, well worth it.

Water Water Everywhere! is a good virtual, and you can see the Waterfalls from there. (And the Fats227 cache nearby that I could not find. One Two Oh My God)

Several Caches in Prospect Park. Especially liked 1776 Phase 4 Battle of Brooklyn-Revolutionary War

Near Times Square:

Busman's Holiday is great

Briant Park Micro

Patience and Fortitude

And, of course, Five Star New York ... Okay that one took us ten months...

Thanks for the notes and advice!

I'm trying to now figure the best places to take photos from. I know I want to take night images of the Brooklyn Bridge and possibly Coney Island (well the Cyclone and maybe a couple of others). Definitely want night shots of Times Square.

Anyone have any ideas on tripod use in these places? People usually just ignore you if you do these things?

I'll have to hit up a couple of my photo forums. :lol: