Terrain indications seem off?

d&bok

We've noticed that a lot of the geocaches have a terrain rating that seems way to low given the difficulty bushwhacking the way through the growth to reach them. We did the Cabot trail and up at the top was one rate Terrain 1 - but it was down a pretty steep slope about 50 meters from the parking area with vegetation that was waist high or higher. I always thought that the Terrain 1 rating meant that someone with disabilities could probably get to it. Also noticed that people seem to think nothing of having you hike 200 meters along side a busy road and then 90 meters or so into the brush and list it as a Terrain 1.5. I realize that during the fall and spring these are probably easier, but if you want tourists to find your caches maybe a more rational Terrain rating would help.

We've noticed that a lot of the geocaches have a terrain rating that seems way to low given the difficulty bushwhacking the way through the growth to reach them. We did the Cabot trail and up at the top was one rate Terrain 1 - but it was down a pretty steep slope about 50 meters from the parking area with vegetation that was waist high or higher. I always thought that the Terrain 1 rating meant that someone with disabilities could probably get to it. Also noticed that people seem to think nothing of having you hike 200 meters along side a busy road and then 90 meters or so into the brush and list it as a Terrain 1.5. I realize that during the fall and spring these are probably easier, but if you want tourists to find your caches maybe a more rational Terrain rating would help.

It's a bit different where I am from - the terrain rating is usually too high. People seem to think that a 50 yard hike on a trail merits a 3-1/2.