Mio C520 GPS Coordinates

CCHHunter

So I have a Mio C520 DigiWalker (not the best geocaching gps unit out there) and it's helped me to get into the sport. I have so far hidden one cache and a few loggers have stated that the cooridinates I gave were about 45-50 ft off.

I'm wondering what system the C520 utilizes for GPS cooridinates. I'm hoping that my GPS unit was just buggy at the time since we were in the woods and maybe hadn't updated yet, but I want to be sure for my future caches to ensure accurate info.

I've looked online and wasn't able to find anything and my instruction manual is far gone.

Agreed. I was trying to use a Mio when I started and couldn't find my first two caches. I got an eTrex H and went back... found both within a few minutes. If you think you're going to be seriously into the sport, get a real GPSr :unsure: Keep the Mio, though. I've been using mine to get driving directions to the areas where the caches are, but then find the actual caches with the eTrex.