dak's Emu Mob R.I.P.

A great geocacher, dak's Emu Mob, lost his battle with cancer, passing away earlier today. dak was one of Australia's most prolific geocachers and gave an enormous amount to the geocaching community. There is a discussion (including tributes) on the geocaching.com.au forums, but I am starting this thread as many of his international friends may not be members there.

dak always loved meeting with other geocachers, in his frequent travels he would always try and find a caching partner and would often attend events to catch up with others. He has told me many great stories of his caching adventures in what he fondly called "Septic Land" (he meant no offense) and the friends he made over there.

dak will be sadly missed by many.

A great geocacher, dak's Emu Mob, lost his battle with cancer, passing away earlier today. dak was one of Australia's most prolific geocachers and gave an enormous amount to the geocaching community. There is a discussion (including tributes) on the geocaching.com.au forums, but I am starting this thread as many of his international friends may not be members there.

dak always loved meeting with other geocachers, in his frequent travels he would always try and find a caching partner and would often attend events to catch up with others. He has told me many great stories of his caching adventures in what he fondly called "Septic Land" (he meant no offense) and the friends he made over there.

dak will be sadly missed by many.

Oh no.

Jetskier and I hooked up with Dak when he visited Orlando for some training a few years back. Even though we never met before, we did memerable a night run around the Disney property and had a great time geocaching and avoiding the rent-a-cops. He also taught us some Australian slang and we taught him that even though the rent-a-cop may be armed, he's not going to shoot you for geocaching. He will be missed by all I'm sure.

As CacheMonkeez said, we hooked up with Dak when he was in Orlando a few years back. I think he may have hooked up with just about all of the major Orlando cachers on that trip. We saw that he was in town doing some caches in the evenings so we emailed him and invited him on one of our "night" caching runs. I remember it took him all of about 1 second to respond with an emphatic YES! We had a great time that night. He was a good person and I'm sure he'll be missed by many. Condolences to his family and friends.

JetSker