COINTEST: Seattle Art & Seek, started July 14, 2008

MissJenn

Are you up for an artful challenge? The Seattle Mayor's Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs and www.Waymarking.com have announced the creation of the Seattle Art & Seek Promotion.

Beginning July 14, 2008, participants can seek out and waymark official works of art around the city of Seattle. Find and create the best waymark for each and you may be eligible to win a limited-edition Waymarking Bounty geocoin. For official rules and more information visit the Seattle Art & Seek category at Waymarking.com.

If you want to discuss this, I would strongly encourage you to use not this thread of mine, but rather use OpinioNate's thread in the Northwest forum: Seattle Art & Seek Waymarking Challenge, win a Bounty Geocoin! . That's the better (location-specific) area to discuss this fun promotion. Most folks who are participating will more than likely post there.

It's a true scavenger hunt, as you will realize when you see the chart on the official page. Hurry: a few of the art targets for this week have already been waymarked, and we didn't even get to the weekend yet. Each week, a few more art targets will be added to the list.

The Waymarking Bounty geocoin looks like this:

wmbounty.gif

P.S.

This thread is posted in these forums with prior permission from the Geocoin Forum moderators.

For those of you from other cities, here is a bit from the other thread:

Seattle Seattle Seattle...it's always about Seattle! What about the south end huh? Tacoma has a lot of public art too ya know :D

Have whoever handles your public arts contact us. This project can be done all over. The Arts & Cultural Affairs Office initially contacted us about the project and we'd be happy to run any other region.
For those of you from other cities, here is a bit from the other thread:

Seattle Seattle Seattle...it's always about Seattle! What about the south end huh? Tacoma has a lot of public art too ya know <_<

Have whoever handles your public arts contact us. This project can be done all over. The Arts & Cultural Affairs Office initially contacted us about the project and we'd be happy to run any other region.

I was driving around St. Louis the other day spotting public art all over the place & I said to my b/f, Strider, something like "I'd like to start a Waymarking Game called "Be the Art Critic" where you Waymark a sculpture and take a picture of yourself near the artwork "rating" it - ie: thumbs up if you like it, thumbs down if you dont, etc...." Then when someone visits one of your Waymarked sculptures they have to post their picture rating it for themselves to claim the Waymark as a find. Not exactly what y'all have going here but sounds fun to me.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CF30

Hiya.

How do we add something like SeaTac where there's a tremendous amount of art to be seen? Individual items or the location as a whole?
The way the cointest works is that you must start with the chart of artwork provided. If it is not on the chart of artwork, then it doesn't qualify for this cointest.

Also, Sea-Tac is a separate city; it's not actually Seattle. If you mean Sea-Tac Airport: yes, there is a lot of artwork there! Have you been stuck on a long layover? :rolleyes:

Hiya.

How do we add something like SeaTac where there's a tremendous amount of art to be seen? Individual items or the location as a whole?
The way the cointest works is that you must start with the chart of artwork provided. If it is not on the chart of artwork, then it doesn't qualify for this cointest.

Also, Sea-Tac is a separate city; it's not actually Seattle. If you mean Sea-Tac Airport: yes, there is a lot of artwork there! Have you been stuck on a long layover? :rolleyes:

Jumped the gun I guess :rolleyes: I'll go read the rules now. Yes, I mean the airport and yes, I've had a few layovers there, but I spent most of my summers growing up on Fidalgo so I've been through that 'port quite a few times. My favorite is still the water fountain with the audio recording of the stream. :rolleyes:

Edited by fox-and-the-hound