Muggles?

Being the rule-following newbie that I am, I searched the FAQs for muggles, and found out that they are exactly what I thought they were. However, I'm curious, I've seen some people's logs say they couldn't find a cache because of too many muggles.

Why is that? Are there unwritten (or written) rules about muggles seeing us find caches? If so, please fill me in :D

We have cached in the presence of muggles and explained what we were doing when interest was shown in hopes of converting a new geocacher. However, you never know when a muggle is just an innocent bystander who could care less what you are doing and when they might vandalize a cache. Often caches that go missing do so because non-geo cachers found them and removed the contents whether out of curiousity or malice.

People being what they are you just never know........

Well if Muggles can see the cache, obviously the cache is at risk of being muggled. Meaning that the cache can be stolen, vandalized, moved, emptied on the ground, filled with unmentionable bodily fluids, etc.

So it is understood that some sort of tactics or stealthy approach have to be used in order to discover a cache and sign the log without being observed by the Muggles. You will find many threads on this forum about this subject, and about the merits of the various stealth tactics.

It's only a matter of respecting the cache and it's owner.

Good luck!

Georges