Colorado/Oregon Question and GSAK

I've heard that when caches are exported from GSAK and then copied to a Colorado, the icons won't display on the map screen. I use GSAK all the time to make notes, correct coords for puzzles and things like that.

Someone suggested exporting them and then importing them to Mapsource and then sending them to the GPS. Does that lose anything like the descriptions, cache logs & such?

I've heard that when caches are exported from GSAK and then copied to a Colorado, the icons won't display on the map screen. I use GSAK all the time to make notes, correct coords for puzzles and things like that.

Someone suggested exporting them and then importing them to Mapsource and then sending them to the GPS. Does that lose anything like the descriptions, cache logs & such?

You can export a gpx file directly to the Colorado with GSAK and the cache containers do appear on the map. Traditional, multi etc symbols. And you do have the full descriptions including hints, terrain, difficulty etc.

AWESOME!! That's exactly what I (but probably not my wife) wanted to hear. :blink:

Do you just export the GPX file and then copy it to the Colorado drive letter? I haven't seen one, but I'm guessing Windows sees the GPS as a removable drive.

Yes, although it is even easier than that. If you take a look over on the gsak forums at the Colorado Export macro (links are in GC3 in the FAQ) this will do all of the dirty work for you thanks to some clever guys who have been working on this macro.

BTW, I do exactly what you want to do with my CO. I make notes, add corrected coordinates, etc in GSAK and they all get exported to the Colorado.

GO$Rs

I tried all the CO export macros for GSAK and could never get what I wanted: Accumulated logs, combined PQs, corrected cords, user notes and only for caches I have not found and are active. The biggest problem I have found with the macros is they do not detect when a cache is disabled.

I finally figured out a way to do it that so far has worked perfectly (well I had one problem with caches that the coordinates are moved, but I have that fixed now). I use a pretty simple macro and saved settings. It takes about 5 minutes to run it and load the caches on my CO.

DATABASE NAME="Default" Action=Select

EXPORT Type=GPX Settings="Storage"

LOAD Settings="SO MO 400"

LOAD Settings="SO IL 400"

LOAD Settings="St. Louis 400"

LOAD Settings="Springfield-Decator"

LOAD Settings="Storage" Lock=$d_name;$d_Latitude;$d_Longitude

EXPORT Type=GPX Settings="400T"

First it opens the database

Then it exports the database to a gpx file -this saves the accumulated logs, user notes, and corrected coordinates.

Then it loads all my PQs. The first load setting has clear database before loading selected, the other load statements do not.

Then it reloads file I exported with the accumulated logs. The saved settings for it does not clear the database and it is existing only selected so that it does not add caches that are no longer active. The lock statement was the solution to cache coordinates changing or the name changing.