tomtom one xl any good?

dowhannah

Hi new here and have not had much luck with any finds (only done two) was just wondering if my tomtom one xl is what is letting me down? it gets me right on the co-ordinates or as close as 70yards but still no cache :ph34r:

cant cope with bringing my kids home still with there little parcels of treasure ready to leave in the cache :unsure:

I use a TomTom HP iPaq in my car and I love it. I used it for the first few caches we found, nowadays solely for roadside navigation. Car GPS, such as the TomTom and Nuvi CAN be used for caching but they are not very effective.

You would be way better of with a handheld GPS and let the TomTom do what it does best; road navigation.

Edited by lrosell

The ONE XL has worked fine for me. Got my first 50 with it! It still gets used from time to time, but mostly just for the paperless caching duties.You can check out this Link to see how I have adapted it to my geocaching needs.

Family caching is done with a TomTom One XL.

When you use the COORDS segment, you can get right to GZ without issue.

In a month, we have over 45 caches with just a TomTom...! Not bad.

Now, if you are caching in the woods, I don't suggest it. Otherwise, search this forum and there are tons of RECENT topics on using the TomTom One xl...

I started on May 3 and have done 90 caches with a Tomtom. It's what I had before I knew about geocaching and I can't afford something new. It takes a bit of practice to be able to navigate off-road using just the blinking and changing coords, but I'm doing fine with it. You do have some problems in dense trees, but then you have to rely on some geosense. My goal is 100 by my birthday, which is 12 days away. I'm sure I'll make it!

Deb