How cool is this!

mousekakat

f1bfb77a-f236-4c98-b3f2-aeb780712290.jpg

Apparently a group of kids found a long lost PORCELAINE travel bug in a town here in Sweden! It's been missing for quite a while! The last time it was seen was 7/22/2007! We got in touch with the woman who's kids found the little cow and she'll be mailing it on to us to get it going again!

I'm posting a poorly translated newspaper article relating to the find here.

Children found a cow on the move

KARLSKOGA

Terese Olsson would only fetch a ball that a friend accidentally threw too far. By the railway near the housing area she found something strange - a cow made of porcelain.

On the set a tag with a number, a sign with an odd message.

Therese was accompanied by friend Moa Gustavsson and Therese's stepbrother and sister Gustav and Sofia Wiklund when she made the exciting find; brown spotted cow in porcelain. Around the neck of cow was a kind of identity tag and a sign written in both German and English.

It showed that the cow is a so-called Travel-Bug, named Omas Koh and is owned by a certain "Ankami." "It was clear that the cow had started its journey on June 11, 2005 in Germany, and that the cow's goal is to travel through the world and visit many places. There was also an invitation to bring the cow on to a new place, anywhere in the world, and then report it to a specific page on the Internet.

A sort of modern version of a message in a bottle, one might say.

Moves cow south

Therese and her friends immediately showed its findings for mother Cecilia Skeppstedt.

-- The article also states that one can only pick up the cow, but never keep it. It must be moved as soon as possible, "says Cecilia Skeppstedt.

Both the children and Cecilia think that their find is exciting and fun. Everyone wonders where cow was and who the sender Ankami is, they have no idea.

-- He calls himself only as online.

But one thing they know:

-- We intend to take with kossan to the Nordens Ark - a zoo outside Uddevalla.

-- This was perfect timing, because we're about to go. And the cow must surely want to travel further!

I'm really looking forward to getting Oma's cow back on the mooooove again, this has turned out to be a lot of fun!

Naomi :lol:

Wow, travel bugs make the news, and accidentally too. I wonder who dropped the cow in the grass in the first place? I'm sure they, let alone the owner, would love to know it's been found. Have you posted a note on the TB page? It's sheer luck that porcelain cow wasn't shattered by a lawnmower even!

Wow, travel bugs make the news, and accidentally too. I wonder who dropped the cow in the grass in the first place? I'm sure they, let alone the owner, would love to know it's been found. Have you posted a note on the TB page? It's sheer luck that porcelain cow wasn't shattered by a lawnmower even!

I sure did! Posted on the tb page and also sent a message to the owner :lol:

I'm really looking forward to us getting this and getting it back going again!

N :D