Does memory maps work on garmin gpsmap 60CSx

i have just bought memory maps for my gps and i do not know how to put them onto my gps

i have read the manual and it does not help me

PLEASE HELP ME QUICKLY AS I AM GOING AWAY TO SWANAGE TOMMORROW AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE MAPS FOR THE TRIP

please help me

thanks

:angry:

i have just bought memory maps for my gps and i do not know how to put them onto my gps

Memory Maps are not made to transfer to Garmin GPS units. I don't think there is any easy way to convert them to Garmin format.

There are people who make their own custom maps for Garmin units and make them available on the 'net. You might try Googling for something like free custom maps for garmin gps and see if you find anything you can use.

PLEASE HELP ME QUICKLY AS I AM GOING AWAY TO SWANAGE TOMMORROW AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE MAPS FOR THE TRIP

please help me

thanks

:D

From reading the information on the web site it would seem the maps are to be put on a PC or Pocket PC. The GPS unit is cabled to the PC and provides real time position information to show your location on those maps. I can see nothing that indicates the maps are available in the proprietary Garmin format, so they cannot be put on the 60CSx.

I use a Garmin GPSmap60 CSx. It does not support Memory Map. Garmin only support their proprietary maps, such as Topo.

I do use Memory Map on my PC and on a PPC (PDA).

If you don't have a PPC it is still a very useful tool for planning routes. Routes, Waypoints and Tracks can be transfered (in either direction) between the CSx and the PC.

Before I had a PPC I would upload my route from MM to the CSx and then print off the map section. Although Topo GB is pretty good (a very different product to the US Topo), it can't compare to MM for mapping detail. The other major difference is that Topo GB is routing and MM is not.

Specific licenses are required for use with a PPC and for printing.