How to get quick one-time Pocket Query results?

martygng

I like to take spur-of-the-moment road trips. I recently got into geocaching and subscribed as a premium member here. I am trying to get pocket queries e-mailed to me, but I end up waiting hours, or days, or they never come. Perhaps I am missing the obvious?

I use the default settings on the search page. The only option I pick is "Run this query once and delete it". Isn't this what I should be using if I'm going on a road trip. (as opposed to setting up a search at regular intervals at a given location)?

Thanks!

I like to take spur-of-the-moment road trips. I recently got into geocaching and subscribed as a premium member here. I am trying to get pocket queries e-mailed to me, but I end up waiting hours, or days, or they never come. Perhaps I am missing the obvious?

I use the default settings on the search page. The only option I pick is "Run this query once and delete it". Isn't this what I should be using if I'm going on a road trip. (as opposed to setting up a search at regular intervals at a given location)?

Thanks!

Try getting a gmail account. It sounds like your internet provider is throttling e-mails from Groundspeak. Often when I create a spur of the minute query it is in my e-mail before the e-mail program has time to start and retrieve messages from my provider.

When I want a quick response to a pocket query I do not select any delivery options when creating or running the query.After submitting the query I return to the page with the listing of my pocket queries and select the current day. I receive my pocket query by email within minutes.

I am using a Gmail account. I was NOT selecting the current day though. I assumed that "Run query once" would run it right now regardless of what day it is. After selecting the day, I did indeed get my results within seconds. Too bad I missed several good geocaching road trips. Oh well. Now I know for the future!

Management - If you're reading this, perhaps the Search screen could be made a little more clear? Or perhaps just a note stating that at least one day must be selected no matter what.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by martygng