Pocket Query, GSAK, and Colarado problems

When I do a Pocket Query, since I am a Premium member, I get all the included info with it but when I download it to GSAK it turns up as a .loc file with less information even though I had previously checked the box for a GPX file. Also, when I export the query to Map Source....no problem...all the waypoints are added to the map, but when I transfer it from Map Source to the Colorado 300 only part of the waypoint list gets transferred. I have a 2GB SD card in the slot. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by zircon_215

Try going to your PQ page and make sure that you have the drop down near the bottom of the page selected for gpx and not loc,

If you send your files over using Map Source they will show up as waypoints. If you send the gpx files over using GSAK they will show up as caches and you will see all of the details. Or just drag the PQ gpx file to the Colorado gpx folder

Try going to your PQ page and make sure that you have the drop down near the bottom of the page selected for gpx and not loc,

If you send your files over using Map Source they will show up as waypoints. If you send the gpx files over using GSAK they will show up as caches and you will see all of the details. Or just drag the PQ gpx file to the Colorado gpx folder

When I set up the PQ, I had the box checked for GPX and when I check the online results as per the e-mail it certainly seems as if it is a GPX file....distance and direction are given(direction with a small red compass), a symbol for a travel bug or coin if it is there, etc. Hovever when I check the boxes and tell it to download the waypoints, when the box comes up to choose whether to OPEN, SAVE, or CANCEL the file is called geocaching.loc ... so I guess it was a .loc file and not a .gpx file. Still, the e-mail reads as follows:

Here are the Pocket Query search results in the formats you requested.

2016920.gpx: GPX is an extended GPS exchange format that can be read by both EasyGPS and ExpertGPS, as well as various other software applications. The latest version of EasyGPS for Groundspeak can be downloaded from the links section of Geocaching.com. You will need the latest version to read this format.

2016920-wpts.gpx: This additional GPX file contains supporting waypoints for your Pocket Query.

so, it looks as if it is GPX and not LOC? This has me totally confused...first I can't upload pictures to the logs, now this.

It appears that you are clicking the link in the email to preview the pocket query. Use GSAK to open the attachment and you will get the .gpx file.

Beautifu! Thanks JP! I don't know how I missed that attatchment. When I try downloading it to the Colorado 300 though I get the message: Garmin:Can't init Com3.

I'd work at this if I had the time but I'm leaving for a very remote area tomorrow morning for two weeks and there will be no Internet or cell phone coverage there. Wish I could have this ironed out before then. Again, many thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!

Edited by zircon_215

It appears that you are clicking the link in the email to preview the pocket query. Use GSAK to open the attachment and you will get the .gpx file.

Beautifu! Thanks JP! I don't know how I missed that attatchment. When I try downloading it to the Colorado 300 though I get the message: Garmin:Can't init Com3.

I'd work at this if I had the time but I'm leaving for a very remote area tomorrow morning for two weeks and there will be no Internet or cell phone coverage there. Wish I could have this ironed out before then. Again, many thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!

The Colorado is very different in this respect and communicates as a removeable hard drive that accepts GPX files

So just go to "File=>Export=>GPX" and send the generated file to the Colorado

For a more advanced solution try this macro http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=...ost&p=47524

Discussion can be found here http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=...ost&p=47522