EcoCaches

Smokey Bear Collector

I see many cachers enjoy the Earthcaches, though they are retstricted to only geological Earth sciences. I and others are interested in a new cache type for ecological caches similar to Earthcaches. These would be non-physical caches that educate about nature and ecology such as the California Redwoods, Brazilian rainforests, London fog, etc.

Is anything in the works towards this interest? Could there be?

Thanks,

~SBC

I believe GC.com is focusing on traditional geocaching where there are actual physical caches to find, either at the posted coordinates or the end result of puzzles or multi-stage caches. Note the demise of the Virtual category. Waymarking fits more into the non-physical cache description, and, thus, so would EcoCaches.

I believe GC.com is focusing on traditional geocaching where there are actual physical caches to find, either at the posted coordinates or the end result of puzzles or multi-stage caches. Note the demise of the Virtual category. Waymarking fits more into the non-physical cache description, and, thus, so would EcoCaches.

If we can't get them to bring back virtuals, they won't go for this. I disagree with the decision, but they don't listen to me or the others who want them back, so you probably won't get this type - good idea though.

These would be non-physical caches that educate about nature and ecology ......<snip>...... London fog, etc.

....... and history presumably. :laughing: There hasn't been any such phenomenon for around half a century, ever since the Clean Air Acts of the late fifties. Neither do Londoners walk around in Bowler Hats, drink tea all day nor speak with "Dick Van Dyke" accents :D:D

Seriously though, I don't see any non-container based new cache category being introduced on this listing site now that Waymarking is available.