Cache page format

imfirstdue

Do all cache pages end up in the same format regardless of how they're written? In other words, if I use the online form to report a cache vs using something like html, in the end the page will look like others minus some fonts, colors, etc?

If I click any page and look at sourcing, it's all in html. So, were they written that way or the system automatically converts everything so it'll display correctly?

And, when a page is submitted is there a way to see what the page looks like prior to it being published?

Thanks in advance!

You can use HTML to "fancy up" your page, although some codes are not allowed and will be stripped out by "HTML Tidy." When you are filling out the form, you can uncheck the box about the cache being active and edit and Preview the page over and over again until you get it just the way you want it.

You can start the page before you even place a cache if you want to have the GC code for the logbook -- just make sure to state that the cache is not Active until the cache is in place.

When you click "View Source" you will see nothing but HTML because... well... you are viewing a web page and all web pages must be in html.

If you do not check the The descriptions below are in HTML box then yes, the form "editor" will convert what you type to simple HTML so it will display properly. All it does is add <P> for paragraph breaks and <BR> for line breaks in the plain text you type in the description box.

If you want to use HTML then check the The descriptions below are in HTML box and write very simple HTML codes for bold, colors, fonts (these must reside on your reader's computer as well to display properly so use standards), underlining (not really a good idea since underline usually denotes a link), italics and to add images.

I'm REALLY disappointed that the "Mr. HTML tidy" strips EVERYTHING nearly from your pages of you use HTML. It won't even allow <style> or <alert> or anything anymore. Really sux. One was once permitted to really spice up a page, but not any more. I have yet to get back to all my cache pages to rewrite them so they don't look like kaka since all the cool stuff got stripped out.... :ph34r:

I'm REALLY disappointed that the "Mr. HTML tidy" strips EVERYTHING nearly from your pages of you use HTML. It won't even allow <style> or <alert> or anything anymore. Really sux. One was once permitted to really spice up a page, but not any more. I have yet to get back to all my cache pages to rewrite them so they don't look like kaka since all the cool stuff got stripped out.... :ph34r:

I'm relieved that it strips extraneous HTML. I use my Garmin Colorado, my Blackberry, my palm, GSAK, Watcher and the website to view cache pages. Not all HTML codes can be viewed on all the platforms. The closer to "plain vanilla" that the cache pages are the more likely I will be able to see the information I need to experience a cache.