Prices on Colorado 300

zonabb

I'm a noob looking to get into geocaching and want a Colorado 300. I am aware of some bugs and issues but also aware of the potential for upgrades and I like the paperless caching concept as well. I've been shopping around and the large big box places like Circuit City and Dick's sell the unit for $499. I checked PriceGrabber and some places, like Abes of Maine, sell it for $385+/- for the same unit with the same model number and say they're new with all factory warranties.

If it was $10 I wouldn't care but the difference in price is over $100 but I have concerns over the low costs and the uneasy feeling and belief that seemingly good things are often portents to trouble!

Any help or even places people have got a good deal and been satisfied?

I'm a noob looking to get into geocaching and want a Colorado 300. I am aware of some bugs and issues but also aware of the potential for upgrades and I like the paperless caching concept as well. I've been shopping around and the large big box places like Circuit City and Dick's sell the unit for $499. I checked PriceGrabber and some places, like Abes of Maine, sell it for $385+/- for the same unit with the same model number and say they're new with all factory warranties.

If it was $10 I wouldn't care but the difference in price is over $100 but I have concerns over the low costs and the uneasy feeling and belief that seemingly good things are often portents to trouble!

I have boutght two of them from here

http://www.electronicadirect.com/products/...1f43v51po88z718

So far both units working very well. $385.15

Edited by storm180

Bought mine from Buydig.com, no issues and price was $376 (Colorado 300)