Sending

dctalk007

Does trading coins usually involve unactivated coins (i'm new to this still). I would rather just send one of my coins somewhere to have it travel? Any help would be great

Then maybe instead of trading, you want to activate your coin, then ask if someone is willing to accept you mailing it to them So they may place it in a cache where they live? :P

That's the great thing about geocoins (ok, ONE of the great things :laughing:) -- you can keep them in a collection or send them out traveling or both! You will find there are people here that do one, the other or both. I personally have some that I have bought that I keep, and others that I have traded with others, and still others that I have sent out on adventures.

If you decide to trade with anyone, you will find that unactivated coins are preferred. However, some people (person A) decide that they want to buy or trade by having the person with the coin (person :P activate it, place it in a cache and attach a mission to get to person A. But you run the risk of it never reaching it's destination. You just have to be prepared for that. In fact, there is a mission going on right now with that premise. You might want to read that over.

Then there are people that collect non-trackable geocoins as well which is whole other world...

My best advice is to read, read, and read some more in these forums. I am still doing that and feel that I haven't even scratched the surface!!

Best of luck,

ELTADA

Does trading coins usually involve unactivated coins (i'm new to this still). I would rather just send one of my coins somewhere to have it travel? Any help would be great

They can involve both but you must be the owner. Many newbies confuse collecting & trading coins with dealing in those coins they find in caches. Not so. Coins are bought, sold, traded, re-sold, gifted, activated, released or just kept in binders and brought out to be discovered at events and such.

Finding coins in caches is great fun and releasing them is creating the fun for others to have. So collecting, activating & releasing or trading are all activities that can bring joy to folks and their geocoins.