I think my fairly new GPS might be broke!

I just used it yesterday to locate a cache at the East Broadtop Railroad station in Orbisonia Pa. The batteries were getting low so I put them in the charger last night. According to the charger they are fuilly charged but my GPS is not powering up. I bought a new set of batteries today, as soon as they are charged I am going to try them. We were going to go search for another one today but weren't able to. :angry:

First two things to check...make sure both batteries are correctly positioned. If one is backwards, the voltages would cancel and it would have the same effect as having no batteries installed.

Second, try a new set of alkaline batteries. It could be your charger is broken rather than the GPS.

Also just to be sure - read the manual on the contrast setting and make sure your display is visable - your contrast may be so low you can't see the screen. I did that once and called Garmin - they got me straight and I was very happy! Felt stupid!

Every time I loaded the batteries I made sure they were facing the right way

I recharged the batteries that were in it - still did not power up

I bought new batteries - the Hybrid ones that are already charged - did not power up

The clerk tried new alkaline batteries in the store and he checked the backlight - still did not power up.

No worries, they gave me a brand new one in exchange for the broken one. He was very surprised, they have sold several of these and have had none come back.

At least this time it won't take me 2 weeks and several posts asking for help on here to get the maps loaded and how to get started geocaching.