Dear Newbie, things I wish I knew then...my GPSr for example.

Fotocacher

I finally received my 60 CSx yesterday in the mail and wow what a nice piece of work. I’ve been back and fourth now with the issues I had with the Vista HCx freezing up, adored my Legend HCx, but really wanted the Alti and the EC so now the 60 CSx is in my possession.

I am ecstatic about the unit. It works very well, performs better and depending on circumstances, worse then the Vista, but that was to be expected.

I love the size (feels like you have a real sturdy piece of equipment in your hand) and I love the controls and their placement, truly intuitive (for me) anyway.

That’s the point I want to make about all of this, for all those in search of their GPSr’s. GO TO A STORE, don’t order online like I did. Put the ones on your short list in your hand, feel what you like and don’t like, and don’t allow others to pick for you, but listen to their suggestions.

That’s it, happy caching! :D

Now you tell me...what would you have liked to know then after having done it for a while.

JPL`

:D Oh the things I wish I knew when I started....

I'd tell you but they are some of the funniest stories and so worth having learned them the hard way.

For example: by the 3 DNF read the previous logs :D Don't cache near a stream as it's getting dark unless you are willing to get wet :D know that the GPS can get you close but you actually have to look for the cache :D

the one thing I wish some one had told me was.. Cache for the fun of the hike. :D