Managing Waypoints

mildly_manical

I have a Legend Cx and it has a limitation of 500 waypoints and I was wondering for those of you that travel how you overcome this limitation.

I'm going to visit 6 different cities in the next week and I would like to have 100 caches to search for in each.

I can't use my company laptop to logon to GC.com for new PQ's or to store old PQ's.

I do have a PDA with an SD slot that I could use to transfer data to the microSD (w/adapter) in the Legend.

I didn't see anything useful in the documentation for the unit about transfering waypoints using the microSD.

I know the amount of caches is ridiculous, but what can I say, I'm mildly_manical. (I didn't realize what a great excuse that was going to end up becoming. :o )

You could run a 500-cache PQ for each city (just in case you have time to look for more than 100 . . . :lol: ). Then, put each PQ into a separate database in GSAK.

Create a folder on your hard drive called "Trip." In that folder, Export six files, each from the separate databases:

City1.gpx

City2.gpx

City3.gpx

City4.gpx

City5.gpx

City6.gpx

Then, save an icon you want to use for the Geocaches on your computer and put it into that same folder with six different names.

City1.bmp

City2.bmp

City3.bmp

City4.bmp

City5.bmp

City6.bmp

Now, you'll have Custom POIs with a little icon for each of the 3000 caches. :lol:

To turn the Custom POI into a Waypoint, as long as you aren't at the 500 waypoint limit, just "Save" the POI.

Here is helpful link:

POI Loader