Forum Feature Question

Ming

Hi,

I was wondering the feasibility of this. The Geocaching Groups by Region / State section is broken down into 7 regions. For example New England covers Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut with links to those states respective pages on Geocaching.com.

What are the chances of having sub-forums created for each of the 50 states? Then once you are on/in a state's sub-forum you can have a link to their state page on Geocaching.com as well as threads that are state specific. I've done it on some of my sites and have seen it done on others.

An example would be "The Garage" section over at http://www.rideinri.com/forum/index.php?c=2

Thanks for your time.

I think that most in the US prefer chatting in their own state / local Geocaching organization / society forums, hosted elsewhere. That lets you have more free reign on what is said, it's a lot more locally relevant and community-building.

One problem with this is you lose bridge building between communities between the states. I can think of several events that would need to be cross-posted to each state in the forums just to make sure the invite got out to the right people. Uhhhgly!