Colorado 400t won't go into USB mass-storage mode?

So my 400t isn't going into mass-storage mode... tried a different cable and I finally got the logo/banner/icon to show up on the unit as if it were in mass-storage mode... but I don't see anything on my pc, nothing in disk management, no pop ups about a new usb device, etc... its worked just fine in the past, nothing major has changed that i can think of... tried removing the batteries, tried a soft reset... nothing... anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

So my 400t isn't going into mass-storage mode... tried a different cable and I finally got the logo/banner/icon to show up on the unit as if it were in mass-storage mode... but I don't see anything on my pc, nothing in disk management, no pop ups about a new usb device, etc... its worked just fine in the past, nothing major has changed that i can think of... tried removing the batteries, tried a soft reset... nothing... anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

Did you install the required drivers to your PC?

You might try going into Start/Control Panel/System/Device Manager (I'm running XP) and do an uninstall/reinstall of the USB driver. Uninstall it, connect your unit to the PC, and it should detect it and reinstall by itself. Not sure if this is the case but I've had this happen in the past where things get corrupt. Don't understand why.

I experience the same problem on other PC's, so it's not the PC.

Also, if I take my SD card out and put it into a reader the pc hangs and won't open/mount the card but other cards work just fine.

with or without the sd card in the unit will not go into mass-storage mode while connected via usb to a pc.

also, I tried to use my power cable in my car last night and then the unit went into mass-storage mode no matter what i did/tried.

i am thinking something is corrupt on both the unit and the sd card... I made a backup when i first got the unit i just need to get to the files somehow to reload them...

is there a 'hard reset' for the colorado? i tried the 'soft reset' with no luck...

any ideas?

I experience the same problem on other PC's, so it's not the PC.

Also, if I take my SD card out and put it into a reader the pc hangs and won't open/mount the card but other cards work just fine.

with or without the sd card in the unit will not go into mass-storage mode while connected via usb to a pc.

also, I tried to use my power cable in my car last night and then the unit went into mass-storage mode no matter what i did/tried.

i am thinking something is corrupt on both the unit and the sd card... I made a backup when i first got the unit i just need to get to the files somehow to reload them...

is there a 'hard reset' for the colorado? i tried the 'soft reset' with no luck...

any ideas?

Try holding back a little on the USB cable, or wiggling it. I had a 400t with a bad USB port and returned it for an exchange...

This does produce some interesting results as in unit will turn on when holing the usb but then will turn off when i let go of it. however it still never gets recognized by the computer... and still doesn't explain why the SD card doesn't work if I put it into my PC directly...