Hints option gone - Colorado 300

Have Colorado 300 with Beta 2.51 software. Couple days ago installed 4 gig SD card & installed Southeasten sttes of US with City Navigator NT. Had no trouble with installation, activating map, etc.

Now I notice that on SOME, not all, of the caches loaded in the 300 I do not have "Show hints" option from the description screen - only "Show logs". Others show both options with the hints decoded as before. I cannot determine why some work and some don't. I have re-loaded the 2.51 software, over-written the cache files from geocaching.com, re-booted the 300, removed the batteries from the 300 then re-booted with same problem remaining. I have confirmed that hints do exist on the descriptions on geocaching.com, and remember reading the hints on the Garmin 300 before installion of SD card and City Navigator NT. Any ideas anyone??

TIF

Yeah, this may be the problem - marked found and then unfound. My wife accidentally marked one found while we were searching, and we never did find it, so i put it back in the unfound list, now no hint option. I sent the info to Garmin via e-amail too, so if it is a known issue, they may address it in the next revision, or the final released revision of 2.51. To the previous poster, yeah I know if there is no hint it may not give ou the option, but sometimes it will read" no hints for this cache", which was probably inputted by the owner.

But, you know, I think I have one cache loaded that I don't believe was ever marked found, thatone has no hint option. Maybe not.... Somewhat of a mystery still. I guess I'd better check on the computer page to see if there is a hint - I hate the decoding bit - and then check on the 300 to see if it picked it up. Just another irritation with the 300. Maybe they will get all these Colorado issues resolved in time. In the meantime, maybe we Colorado owners need to buy another unit for locating, and use the Colorado for looking at the logs and descriptions. Grrrrr....... $$$'s.....

ok - after an hour on the phone with Garmin, they confirm that if a cache is marked found you lose the hints option. it is an issue they say they are working on. even if you mark it found by mistake, then put it back in the unfound list, you lose the hint option. Not a good thing, in my opinion.

ok - after an hour on the phone with Garmin, they confirm that if a cache is marked found you lose the hints option. it is an issue they say they are working on. even if you mark it found by mistake, then put it back in the unfound list, you lose the hint option. Not a good thing, in my opinion.

It's good to hear that they knew about it because I reported it about 3-4 weeks ago. Hopefully we'll see that fixed in the next release.

GO$Rs