GPS selection. help me!

I have a explorist 500le and it's pretty good. I guess I should follow the axiom of "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" so I haven't totally decided to ditch the 500 just yet. However, I'm a techno junkie which is a curse. If there's something that has more bells and whistles or is more accurate, I take notice lol. Seems that the Garmin Colorados are the top of the line aside from the professional use GPS.

Here's somethings I'm looking for in my new GPS. See if you guys know of one that I'm describing:

-Geocaching features (a MUST)

-WAAS or something else that's really accurate

-background map. nothing fancy just perhaps roads and such.

-adjustable backlight

-rugged (water resistant, can take a bit of a beating)

-decent battery life

-less than $300. optimal price of $200 range

I dont care if it has a color screen or not. One I'm looking at is a Garmin GPSMAP 60 any opinions on that? Any help is appreciated.

Check out the comparison page at the Garmin site for the newer models with 'H' in the model name. Those are the ones with the High Sensitivity receivers. I have the Vista HCx and like that GPS unit. The Legend HCx is selling for less than $200.00. I recommend getting the Topo maps, and if you need auto-routing, you might also want to get the City Navigator maps.

Ask me how I know :unsure:

LOL! thats funny. I believe you are right and it would behoove me to just save up for the 400T. And probably by then something else more advanced would have came out. My magellan 500le hasn't let me down yet so I believe I'll just stick with it unless it succombs to the elements. Like I said, it usually puts me within a 10-20' circle of the cache everytime depending on the provided coordinates accuracy. I just wish the magellan software was a bit more feature ridden. It has the basics though.

Where can I get a map with some roads or topo or something for it?