Best software for PocketPC

harveyssc

Welcome to the Forums! :D

Since you are a Premium Member, why do you just want to work with the .loc files? You can get Pocket Queries, which will give you up to 500 .gpx files in each PQ. The .gpx files have much more useful information in them.

There is a version of Cachemate for the PPC, but many people recommend GPXSonar.

I want to download waypoints to my Pocket PC2000. What software should I use to do this?

I can only find software for .gpx files I need something that will handle .loc files

You don't want to use .loc files on your pda - you'll only get bare bones data. The .gpx files are what hold the description and the last few log entries. Also the hint.

Once you receive your pocket query, extract the gpx file from the zip file and load it directly into your pda. You can use Cachemate, GPXSonar, or GpxView in your PDA to view those files. I use the latter 'cause my PPC don't like GPXSonar. Cachemate came too late into the picture for me to use. Plus, it's not free. GpxView is free and does the job to my satisfaction.

If you find you enjoy caching and want to stick with it, invest in GSAK; it gives you lots of tools to manage PQs.

I just got an old Pocket PC and cachemate is now running perfectly. THANKS!

Part two -

I just ran my first querry to make a gpx file to import into the PPC...

BUT where is the gpx file? Does it get emailed to you? How long does it take?

(I ran the querry as a one time event and delete).

I want to download waypoints to my Pocket PC2000. What software should I use to do this?

I can only find software for .gpx files I need something that will handle .loc files

Did you check the day of the week for it to run? I didn't the first time I tried to run a PQ. Mine are normally mailed within minutes.