Garmin 60cx and 60csx question?

I am retired military and the PX has a 60csx on sale but in the discription of the unit it says it is a Marine! Do you think this is a misprint of do they make one for water only? Could I reload the unit for Geo?

The only thing I can think of is perhaps it's bundles with some Maritime Charts? (BlueChart)

With a microSD card, you can load practically anything and everything you want.

My 60Cx has served as my cache buddy, truck navigator, and on the water.

I have Topo, City Navigator, and Bluechart 8.5 on it.

Love it to death... just wish it got better battery life, but it could just be time to replace my well-used NiMHs..

Shame it doesn't like lithium batteries...

I am retired military and the PX has a 60csx on sale but in the discription of the unit it says it is a Marine! Do you think this is a misprint of do they make one for water only? Could I reload the unit for Geo?

The only thing I can think of is perhaps it's bundles with some Maritime Charts? (BlueChart)

With a microSD card, you can load practically anything and everything you want.

My 60Cx has served as my cache buddy, truck navigator, and on the water.

I have Topo, City Navigator, and Bluechart 8.5 on it.

Love it to death... just wish it got better battery life, but it could just be time to replace my well-used NiMHs..

Shame it doesn't like lithium batteries...

If it is time to replace your NiMH batteries, check out the new "Hybrid" ones like those from Rayovac. I got four of those for less than $9.00 at Target. They last a long time in my GPSr, and stay charged up in my pack much better than "stale" Energizer NiMH batteries.

Normally, the 76C(S)x are sold as marine units as they float and come with tide data. The 60C(S)x units are usually described a neutrally buoyant. Both are excellent units.