MAPS for Vista HCx

TRIUMPHoftheHeART

I'd like to know if maps other than Garmin products can be down loaded to the GPS. I purchased their TOPO 2008 with my Vista and TOPO seems to show the roads in my neighborhood but only labels the Forest Service Roads not the BLM roads. As I roam in my jeep numerous BLM roads are labeled in the field so it would be extremely helpful to me to have that info on the map too.

I asked the Garmin product support and got this response : "Unfortunately we do not offer any applications that will include BLM roads."

Anyone have any suggestions for me ???? Can google earth be downloaded into the GPS ??? I notice they have BLM roads labeled.

Just be aware that you can put non Garmin maps on your Garmin, but it's time consuming and requires a measure of technical know how.

Not if you get the maps from the referenced thread - they do not autoroute but are quite easy to get on your unit.

THANKS ! I'm not looking to autoroute. I just want to save my dumb butt out in the woods and the BLM roads are the best bet for having some labels on them.