I need to upgrade

I've been using a Garmin 76map for several years. I think it is time to upgrade. I've read lots of info on other models, but am totally confused. The following are my requirements:

1. Download .gpx files from a Mac

2. Uses removable batteries (e.g. AA or AAA)

3. Map display

4. Will give driving directions (not just point with a compass arrow)

5. Enough memory for lots of maps

6. Enough memory for all caches I've found (but separated from not yet found)

7. Download cache page data (descriptions, size, some logs) - so I can leave my Palm at home.

I know units are discussed a lot, but I've seen nothing listing these elements. Thanks.

I've been using a Garmin 76map for several years. I think it is time to upgrade. I've read lots of info on other models, but am totally confused. The following are my requirements:

3. Map display

7. Download cache page data (descriptions, size, some logs) - so I can leave my Palm at home.

I know units are discussed a lot, but I've seen nothing listing these elements. Thanks.

Sounds like you're looking for a Colorado 400t. It will do all of the above, but at a pretty steep price.

3. Map display

Sounds like you're looking for a Colorado 400t. It will do all of the above, but at a pretty steep price.

I'm a Mac use who owns and loves a Colorado 400t. I can upload GPX files with all data or PQs right from my Mac. Now I spend time in the field and not online looking for work-arounds for my Mac:) I highly recommend the Colorado!

What programs do you use on your Mac to transfer the data?

What do you know about the Garmin 60csx? I've heard some good things about it.