Trying to get a coin minted - what am I doing wrong?

ThePetersTrio

At the end of April, I sent an email to 2 different coin vendors requesting a quote on minting a coin, asking a few questions, and asking how I should get my art to them so they can see my plans.

I've heard absolutely nothing from either company. Not even an email saying they've received my request and will get back to me.

What am I doing wrong? Do you have to be in-the-know to get someone to respond?

On a positive note, I was chatting via PM with someone and mentioned my trouble. And they very nicely offered to help me.

I realize coin vendors are very busy. Is it just that they are too busy to work with a novice or something? Is this common? Am I being too impatient?

:D

I sent my idea off to two vendors back in March. Both got back to me right away pointing out issues with the concept I had submitted based on my pencil art. One vendor actually said they weren't doing too much work for other people anymore. Then I started talking to a third vendor on Facebook, and have had great communication with them.

Now the hold up seems to be the artists at the mint in China :D

Must be busy with Olympic Fever over there or something :D

Yes, often we don't get messages with attachments.

I would say email first with information, and then let them know you will be sending art.

Sometimes we don't get messages if they have any attachments - so, take that into consideration as well. If the companies didnt respond with a "We'd be glad to help" email, I'd assume they didn't get the email.

:D

Right now, I think alot of the holdups with the mints is GW6 projects. The mints are all uber busy. Even our normally quick minting turnarounds have been moved back a bit recently. :D

Im unthrilled, but I think after the rush stops and the dust settles, all will be back to normal.

~P

Edited by CinemaBoxers