Help I found a copy

timcr810

I am very new to geocaching and today I found the above copy of this geocoin.

The instructions say: If you do not intend to log your visit onto the geocaching web site please do not take this item It's travels and progress require you to log that is being taken form this geocache. You will also need to log when you place it in another geocache. It's easy.

If you are willing to log your part of the journey of this item and place it in another geocache as soon as possible (after you log your find), grab it from this geocache.

Now I have logged I found it at the Ghost Cache and stated I took the geocoin. Is there anyplace else I need to log this find. Also when I place it in another cache when I log the find do I just say that I placed this coin in it? If so who puts the Icon on the web site?

Just want to make sure I do everything right thanks for the help

You need to retrieve the coin from the cache that you found it in. The coins webpage is here: Geocoin

On the top right of the page click the link that says Found it? Log it!

In the drop down window select retrieve from Ghost Cache. You will need to the tracking number on the coin (the copy coin) where it says travel bug tracking #. Write a note in the comments box, and then click submit at the bottom of the page.

This will transfer the coin, and its icon, to your profile inventory.

When you are ready to drop the coin into another cache, go to the cache page where you are dropping off the coin. Log your cache find as normal, but under the box where you write your log entry you will see a list of any travel bugs you hold in your inventory. Select the coin or TB you are dropping in the cache, and submit your log. The coin and its icon will be transferred to the inventory of the cache.

;)

The best way to describe how to log a geocoin is best left to the masters at Geocaching.com. Here's a link to their instruction page on just how to do that..... How to log a geocoin

For future reference use the tabs on the top left corner of any geocaching webpage... between GETTING STARTED and CONTACT US. Click on TRACKABLE ITEMS, that'd be travel bugs and geocoins. Once there you'll find a few links to geocoin sites, travel bug sites and even Promotionals. Look around, explore and find out some cool stuff.

You need to retrieve the coin from the cache that you found it in. The coins webpage is here: Geocoin

On the top right of the page click the link that says Found it? Log it!

In the drop down window select retrieve from Ghost Cache. You will need to the tracking number on the coin (the copy coin) where it says travel bug tracking #. Write a note in the comments box, and then click submit at the bottom of the page.

This will transfer the coin, and its icon, to your profile inventory.

When you are ready to drop the coin into another cache, go to the cache page where you are dropping off the coin. Log your cache find as normal, but under the box where you write your log entry you will see a list of any travel bugs you hold in your inventory. Select the coin or TB you are dropping in the cache, and submit your log. The coin and its icon will be transferred to the inventory of the cache.

;)

Thanks for the help. It is now officially loged

Excellent log on the geocoin timcr810, you seem to have the idea of trackables already. Welcome to the wonderful world of geocaching. There's lots to be learned, but best of all, friends to be made, places to see, things to learn, and quality time to be spent with the ones you care about.

Enjoy!