Adding a geocoin to owned list...

M3J

Can someone tell me if there is a way to add the geocoins I own but will always remain in my collection and not be circulated to my profile listing of geocoins owned BUT not have them show up as in My Inventory for purposes of placing into a cache?

I have one that shows up that way now but don't recall how I did it as it was in someone else's inventory before and somehow we were able to switch it to my owned list but not show up in my inventory list.

Basically, I want the icons to show up on my profile listing of trackable items owned but I don't want to accidentally drop them in a cache from a log I post.

Thanks

I would say a widely used technique is to drop them in an archived cache, whether it's one you own, or a friend. That way, they sit somewhere other than your inventory, but no one can see them other than the archived cache owner and/or you.

The coin you mentioned owning, but not in your inventory, has to be in a cache somewhere, or marked missing from a cache. Otherwise it would be in someone's inventory.

TMA

And the Canadian 7Yr Ammo Can you refer to is marked missing on your profile, so it currently sits nowhere. That's an owner feature that I mentioned above.

TMA

It actually says location unknown and travelled 0km. Not sure if that means the same as missing as you mentioned. I'm OK with that.

As I recall when I did this last year, there was a way of setting it up as I have the 7yr Ammo Can coin. Maybe I'm not getting what you are saying but can you tell me how to get my other coins to show up as this one does?

To mark one of your coins Missing so it doesn't show up in your inventory go to the coin's page, top right corner under the coin's tracking # is a series of choices you can select: recalc mileage etc. Select Mark Item Missing & Go.

To mark one of your coins Missing so it doesn't show up in your inventory go to the coin's page, top right corner under the coin's tracking # is a series of choices you can select: recalc mileage etc. Select Mark Item Missing & Go.

Perfect! Thanks!!