Latitude-Longitude location like TOPOZONE.com

uminski

Greetings

I am seeking a way to determine latitude and logitude coordinates similar to the extinct TOPOZONE.COM

When Topozone.com was working, I would be able to pick a location on the map, recenter and get the latitude and longitude values. Now that Trails.com has replaced topozone.com, that was eliminated.

I tried using all the other mapping services available on Geocaching.com such as Randmcnally, terrraserver... and I cannot find the latitude and longitude for a specific location on the maps.

Does anyone know a web based method to get the lat/long values by picking points from a map or orthophoto?

Regards

Uminski

I too, was going to suggest Google Earth as the online option.

Not online? Microsoft S&T also can do this by going into Tools, and using the Location Sensor. I often use this to set up GSAK polygon filters.

And if you are using GSAK, just right mouse click the exact point you want on the GSAK google map. You can then copy the coordinates to the clipboard, of even add them as a new waypoint (or child of the current waypoint)

27042008102242.png