Colorado + Heart Rate Monitor

Got my heart rate monitor today to use with the Colorado, I have to say it works better than I expected. After the initial 'pairing' it connects/disconnects automatically. The range seems to be good as well, more than enough for biking, hiking, walking, etc.

Update refresh rate seems very accurate based on my limited experience with it so far.

I look forward to seeing how it performs over the summer months while biking and Geocaching.

Will any heart rate belt work with the Garmin units? I have a Suunto unit that would be great if it worked w/ the colorado, or any of those other Garmin arm units.

Can you do anything with the data that comes out of your workout today? - Team Chinook

Only Garmin heart rate monitors work. The good thing is that all garmin heart rate monitors work with ALL of their devices that support heart rate data (same thing goes for speed/cadence sensors).

Currently, you can use software called SportTracks to view your hear rate, speed, distance and GPS Location data.

Check it out. It is pretty good stuff.

SportTracks

Edited by fourbeer

Thanks! That does look pretty nifty! -Team Chinook

Using Sporttracks, I was able to import my workout from my polar heart monitor and then import my workout track from my Garmin Colorado. Sometimes the time is a little off, but it wasn't too bad.

That might get you started while you are waiting to get a Garmin heart monitor strap.

I was very impressed with the Garmin heart monitor after I purchased one. Better resistance to interference than my Polar (at least where I run). No more 250 bpm heart rates.

Edited by fourbeer