Here is my LARGE Travel Bug!

What do the ownes of other large TB do with them?

Send them out!

Or take them to events?

Some large bugs travel from cache to cache; some only go to events.

Here are links to a few that have passed through our local area:

Public Pay Phone: 40 pounds; went to some caches and some events; was eventually stolen.

Milestone Marker: 210 pounds; about 4 feet tall; tends to get a lot of discovery logs but not many people willing to move it :unsure:

Bicycle: This is a full-size mountain bike. It is chained to a tree or bike rack near a cache, and then the key to the lock is hidden in a nearby cache. The next finder takes the key, unlocks the bike, and rides it off to its next destination.

The most recent one that we picked up is a 5-foot-tall artificial Christmas tree: The Big One. This particular TB holds a puzzle that reveals the coordinates to a mystery cache. It is generally hidden somewhere near an existing cache. For its first few placements it was hidden fairly close to roadside parking, but for its three most recent placements, it has actually been quite a haul to drop it and retrieve it -- and all three of those locations have been at Christmas-themed caches: "Oh Tannenbaum", "Merry Christmas, Carol", and "And to All a Good Night". That last one is a night cache, and the cachers who brought the tree out there hadn't found it before, so they were out there in the dark, in freezing rain, trying to find a difficult cache while lugging this big heavy tree... :blink:

Some large bugs travel from cache to cache; some only go to events.

Milestone Marker: 210 pounds; about 4 feet tall; tends to get a lot of discovery logs but not many people willing to move it :unsure:

Wow, If I ever make my way over in that area, I'm definately gonna hunt that one down and bring it to the west coast.

And I was worried about a baseball in a plastic case being too big. Sheesh.

Some travel bugs......like, say an automobile......cannot fit in caches! In those cases, they will visit events! If you think your travel bug will not fit into most caches, I am willing to bet it WILL fit into most events. I say release it!

Hmmm, I have a three stall garage. I could make the third stall a TB hotel cache. Pull in, make the exchange.

I bet the wife would think that's a great idea!

brb!

Some travel bugs......like, say an automobile......cannot fit in caches! In those cases, they will visit events! If you think your travel bug will not fit into most caches, I am willing to bet it WILL fit into most events. I say release it!

Hmmm, I have a three stall garage. I could make the third stall a TB hotel cache. Pull in, make the exchange.

I bet the wife would think that's a great idea!

brb!

;) ROFL.....you don't think I could use your idea do ya? I LIKE IT :o