Builder Release 04/18/08

OpinioNate

Build 2.0.5018.3550

Instructions:

1. Uninstall the current builder by: Start-->All Programs-->Groundspeak-->Uninstall Wherigo Builder
  2. Install the new builder

The following fixes have been made for the current release:

• When setting a numeric variable via a condition, allow for Max of 2147483647 and Min of -2147483647
  • Emulator: If inside a zone and the author executes a show screen (detail for that zone) the detail screen wouldn't show. This required a new ZonesEngine.dll

Just a small update this time, but please let us know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

Build 2.0.5018.3550

Instructions:

1. Uninstall the current builder by: Start-->All Programs-->Groundspeak-->Uninstall Wherigo Builder

• When setting a numeric variable via a condition, allow for Max of 2147483647 and Min of -2147483647
  • Emulator: If inside a zone and the author executes a show screen (detail for that zone) the detail screen wouldn't show. This required a new ZonesEngine.dll

Just a small update this time, but please let us know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

I have installed that version but now any of my Cartridges are not opening at all? I have windows Vista Home basic OS. I get error message which says:System.Dllexception Zones engine.dll cannot load..."?

What is wrong now? Earlier versions worked well. What is workaround?

Build 2.0.5018.3550

Instructions:

I have installed that version but now any of my Cartridges are not opening at all? I have windows Vista Home basic OS. I get error message which says:System.Dllexception Zones engine.dll cannot load..."?

Try completely uninstall the builder via the Add/Remove Programs. Then, install. If you still get the error message, please include the details.

David.

Build 2.0.5018.3550

Instructions:

Try completely uninstall the builder via the Add/Remove Programs. Then, install. If you still get the error message, please include the details.

David.

I have done remove/install round two times but it doesn't help. I attached the picture from the error message. Finnish language is quite cryptic... :)post-1104787-1208584592.jpg

[*]Emulator: If inside a zone and the author executes a show screen (detail for that zone) the detail screen wouldn't show. This required a new ZonesEngine.dll

Attached example cartridge supposed to pop up detail screen of a zone. However when cartridge started it shows main screen and not zone's detail.

Can't add attachemend, here is the listing:

require "Wherigo"

ZonePoint = Wherigo.ZonePoint

Distance = Wherigo.Distance

Player = Wherigo.Player

-- #Author Directives Go Here# --

-- #End Author Directives# --

cartttt = Wherigo.ZCartridge()

-- MessageBox Callback Functions Table used by the Builder --

cartttt.MsgBoxCBFuncs = {}

-- Cartridge Info --

cartttt.Id="31cbc5c0-821a-49b1-a6c4-69df2549f7fe"

cartttt.Name="ttt"

cartttt.Description=[[This is an example cartridge]]

cartttt.Visible=true

cartttt.Activity="TourGuide"

cartttt.StartingLocationDescription=[[]]

cartttt.StartingLocation = ZonePoint(46.463039,6.84343,0)

cartttt.Version=""

cartttt.Company=""

cartttt.Author=""

cartttt.BuilderVersion="2.0.5018.3550"

cartttt.CreateDate="4/18/2008 11:08:32 PM"

cartttt.PublishDate="1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM"

cartttt.UpdateDate="4/19/2008 8:21:46 AM"

cartttt.LastPlayedDate="1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM"

cartttt.TargetDevice="PocketPC"

cartttt.TargetDeviceVersion="0"

cartttt.StateId="1"

cartttt.CountryId="2"

cartttt.Complete=false

cartttt.UseLogging=false

-- Zones --

zonet1 = Wherigo.Zone(cartttt)

zonet1.Id="8ddc6869-434c-4e31-8ec9-52a690fa02dc"

zonet1.Name="t1"

zonet1.Description=[[This is zone description]]

zonet1.Visible=true

zonet1.DistanceRange = Distance(1500, "feet")

zonet1.ShowObjects="OnEnter"

zonet1.ProximityRange = Distance(200, "feet")

zonet1.AllowSetPositionTo=false

zonet1.Active=true

zonet1.Points = {

ZonePoint(46.46401,6.84202,0),

ZonePoint(46.46401,6.84484,0),

ZonePoint(46.46207,6.84484,0),

ZonePoint(46.46207,6.84202,0)

}

zonet1.OriginalPoint = ZonePoint(46.463039,6.84343,0)

zonet1.DistanceRangeUOM = "Feet"

zonet1.ProximityRangeUOM = "Feet"

zonet1.OutOfRangeName = ""

zonet1.InRangeName = ""

-- Characters --

-- Items --

-- Tasks --

-- Cartridge Variables --

-- Builder Variables (to be read by the builder only) --

buildervar = {}

-- ZTimers --

-- Inputs --

--

-- Events/Conditions/Actions --

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------Builder Generated functions, Do not Edit, this will be overwritten------

function cartttt:OnStart()

-- #GroupDescription=Script --

-- #Comment=Script Comment --

Wherigo.ShowScreen(Wherigo.DETAILSCREEN,zonet1)

end

------End Builder Generated functions, Do not Edit, this will be overwritten------

------Builder Generated callbacks, Do not Edit, this will be overwritten------

--#LASTCALLBACKKEY=0#--

------End Builder Generated callbacks, Do not Edit, this will be overwritten------

-- #Author Functions Go Here# --

-- #End Author Functions# --

-- Nothing after this line --

return cartttt

Edited by Oleg

I've done the remove/reinstall 3 times for the builder program and keep getting error messages that I don not have the required dll "ZonesEngine.dll" I'm having this problem on both my desktop and laptop, both are Windows XP, SP2, updated .NET framework.

I'd love to be able to start using the program, but right now it's useless.

Anyone have a fix, or the last version?

I backdated to the 4/16 release an it's working fine.

Might be an issue with the zonesengine.dll file installation.

I have exactly the same problem and same release backdated. I wait also new working release.

Question: Did you install the app to the same folder as the dll? In other words, is the dll in a different folder than the application?

David

Edited by davidloew

I have exactly the same problem and same release backdated. I wait also new working release.

Question: Did you install the app to the same folder as the dll? In other words, is the dll in a different folder than the application?

David

Yes I did. dll is in the same directory too.

David

Yes I did. dll is in the same directory too.

Same here

Build 2.0.5018.3550

Instructions:

Hi, I'm trying to build my first cartridge, have worked through tutorials, and have my adventure and media all ready. When I'm building it, I continuously come to a point where the Compile cartridge tool gets greyed out, and I can't find a way to reenable it. The View parse errors(0), is also greyed out, indicating there is no error in the script. The first time this happened, I had just made an error, and after a fair amount of effort to delete the erroneous script, it still wouldn't compile. Since I wasn't able to resolve it, I assumed it was Beta project in process, so I would start over, setting up a couple of zones, adding a character, inputs, and events. But inevitably, at some point, even with no errors the compile command stops working and I can't go any further.

Even the downloaded projects, the penguin one, which I downloaded to study the source, worked for a while, but now I can't compile that one, either, and I didn't make any intentional changes.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?