Help! Taking geocoins on vacation.

docgar

Recently I picked up a geocoin (TB17E3J) and it's overall goal is to make it to North Carolina. In August I will be going to North Carolina and could take it along. I emailed the owner asking them if they wanted me to keep it until then and take it along or send it on its way. Currently I've sent them 2 emails and none of them have been answered. What do you guys think? Keep him until then or let him go?

If it were mine, I'd rather see it out traveling for 4 months than sitting on someone's desk for all that time, even if it only got 100 miles closer to its goal. The coin's goal as stated on its page, "To move among caches far and wide then to return home to NC someday" reads to me like moving the coin is a higher priority than the eventual return to NC.

I agree with Southpaw. 4 months in Spring/early summer is prime caching weather no matter where you are (in the US I mean). The destination is not the goal as are the miles of smiles and adventures in getting there. You can always find other coins or TBs to bring with you on vacation.

If you do grab some bugs or coins to bring with you take pics of them along the way, that's way more fun than reaching the destination anyway. For the owner it's kinda like being there.