Colorado 400t and transfering geocaches

richwin

I need some help to figure out what I am doing wrong in transferring geocaches to my colorado 400t. I used easyGPS and it shows connected to the colorado. After that I pull up geocaches and there is nothing there. Also nothing under waypoints. However, if I look in the garmin folder it appears that they have transferred. Next I used easyGPS and saved them to my pc and used Garmin mapsource to tranfer the gpx file. Now they show up under waypoints, but still nothing under geocaches. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. Richard

I need some help to figure out what I am doing wrong in transferring geocaches to my colorado 400t. I used easyGPS and it shows connected to the colorado. After that I pull up geocaches and there is nothing there. Also nothing under waypoints. However, if I look in the garmin folder it appears that they have transferred. Next I used easyGPS and saved them to my pc and used Garmin mapsource to tranfer the gpx file. Now they show up under waypoints, but still nothing under geocaches. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. Richard

My guess is that easygps is stripping out fields that the Garmin uses to determine that they are caches.

You can just open windows explorer and copy the gpx files over to the Garmin/GPX directory of either the GPS or the memory card and they will show up on the gps properly.

I use ExpertGPS which should work the same way. The most recent version (2.8.2) should transfer files to the Colorado and they should show up as waypoints. ExpertGPS/EasyGPS don't add the appropriate tags so that they will show up as geocaches. I've asked Dan to add this as a feature.

GO$Rs

All you need to do is connect the Colorado to you PC and copy the GPX file to the Garmin\GPX folder. Then they will show up in your geocaching link. I loaded 4 gpx files that have 500 caches for a total of 2000. So it looks like you could have 1000s since it doesnt count them as waypoints. I have also had many issue with the unit right out of the box and would not recommend that you buy one until they fix a lot of bugs.