Leeds and liverpool canal

I've a bookmark of Caches along the canal (yes I know I've not updated it in a while).

I'm not a huge fan of placing caches just for the sake of it, but if a nice feature or place of interest can be found every mile then go for it.

There are a few points of interest that haven't got caches as it passes Skipton/Bingley/Keighley. We would be happy to set one or two.

Hiya all

Im just thinking aloud but if the Leeds and Liverpool canal is 167 miles long how good would it be to lay 167 caches by 167 cacher,s one every mile along the canal anyone any thoughts /ideas :o

Cheers Steve

Why stop there, when you could put out 1670 caches by 167 cachers....? :D:):)

Hiya all

Im just thinking aloud but if the Leeds and Liverpool canal is 167 miles long how good would it be to lay 167 caches by 167 cacher,s one every mile along the canal anyone any thoughts /ideas :D

Cheers Steve

Why stop there, when you could put out 1670 caches by 167 cachers....? :):):D

Why stop there when you could have a 16,700 stage multi :o:):D

Maybe the canal is close to some supermarkets, bus stops and train stations. It would be perfectly acceptable to put them by them as they are really interesting.

Sorry nothing as interesting as that on 'our section' just a World Heritage Site (Saltaire), one of the most famous set of locks in the UK (five rise and 3 rise locks at Bingley). protected woodland, historic houses (east and West Riddlesden Halls) and a medieval castle at Skipton. :anitongue:

Some of the existing caches around us have been combined with others to make easy family walks. Perhaps this suggestion will finally get me to set the trail I have been talking about for months.

(Just remembered there is a train station next to the canal at Saltaire, but there is already a cache close by. :anitongue: )

--------------------

Some sad local news

Unfortunately there was a accident at Skipton a couple of days ago. Two girls in their late teens left the road in a car and went into the canal. It appears their bodies were not found for hours as the police are asking for information from 9.m. until 8 a.m. the next day.