Photographer Going to Sevierville, TN in July... help..

jallman

I am going to Sevierville, TN in July. I am a photographer and I am looking for waterfalls to take pictures of. Can anyone give me coords to any nice waterfalls I could photograph while I'm down there... and don't worry, photography is only good in the morning and evening, the day is good for caching!!

Thanks

Jason

i don't know the coords but from gatlinburg on the way out to cades cove there is a couple and also one out at cades cove. can't remember the names but any trail maps from there should have all the info you need. we were down to gatlinburg in feb and hit bout 10 or 11 caches in or around town.

Most of the falls that are worth photographing will be within the national park. I was going to suggest Grotto Falls, but it's already been posted. Abrams Falls (N35 36.50 W83 52.78) is accessible with a several-mile hike from Cades Cove, and is one of the most spectacular in the park. Laurel Falls (N35 40.65 W83 35.57) is one of the most popular in the park, but I don't recommend it (too developed, and too busy).

If you really want a treat, hike into Whiteoak Sink and find the falls (around N35 38.11 W83 44.84). Access is via an unmarked trail that branches off of the Schoolhouse Gap Trail (search just north of the intersection of the Turkeypen Ridge Trail near N35 38.20 W83 44.19). The area is a basin with several creeks that drain into caves, so just follow the creek until it ends. At it's terminus, the creek drops 30+ feet into a sinkhole.

I am going to Sevierville, TN in July. I am a photographer and I am looking for waterfalls to take pictures of. Can anyone give me coords to any nice waterfalls I could photograph while I'm down there... and don't worry, photography is only good in the morning and evening, the day is good for caching!!

Thanks

Jason

You can use the USGS web site to find what you want but it's kind of complicated trying to explain it. If you want to send me a private email I can send you a couple of pages and some instructions on how to do it.